Post-Graduate Residency Program at Centus
Now Recruiting Pre-licensed Mental Health Clinicians for 2025
Could a Post-Graduate Residency Program with Centus be your next step in building your counseling career? If you have a master’s in counseling, social work, or marriage and family therapy and have licensure candidate status in Colorado for any of these disciplines, this valuable opportunity is for you. You will get high-quality training and supervision at no cost to you, and you’ll be paid to serve.
Who Is This Residency For?
We’re searching for candidates from diverse backgrounds who are passionate about working with vulnerable and underserved communities. Cultural humility and engagement along with spiritual assessment and integration are the key focal points of our two-year training course, with the ultimate goal of logging the qualifying hours necessary for Colorado licensure in your discipline.
The benefits of our program include:
Our Curriculum Includes
Cultural Humility and Engagement
Clinical Assessment for Spiritual Resources
Recognizing Cultural and Spiritual Barriers to Recovery
Integrating Cultural and Spiritual Beliefs
Clinical Treatment Modalities
What residents are saying about the program…
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Licensure candidate status in each respective discipline is required for this Post-Graduate Residency Program (counseling, social work, or marriage and family therapy).
Centus has applied for and received designation as a Community Mental Health Clinic with the State of Colorado and completed licensure as a Behavioral Health Entity.
The designation and licensure from the State will allow the residents, under direct supervision, to serve clients covered by Medicaid.
Year 1 Training Curriculum:
- Intro to LGBTQ+ Behavioral Healthcare, Josh Parker, MSW, LCSW
- Intro to Solution-Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT), Dawn Crosswhite, MSW, LCSW
- Exploring Bias & Cultural Humility, Dr. Kinette Richards, Ph.D., NCC
- Intro to Spiritually-Integrated Psychotherapy, Rev. Dr. Mark Killmer, Psy.D., M.Div., LMFT
- Intro to Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, Patti Schramm, MSW, LCSW
- Intro to Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Denise Killmer Magoto, MA, LPC, LAC, Ph.D. Candidate
- Into to Dialectical-Behavior Therapy (DBT) & Borderline Personality Disorder: A Theoretical Overview, Denise Killmer Magoto, MA, LPC, LAC, Ph.D. Candidate
- Intro to Susan’s School Counseling and Nondirective Play Therapy, Georgia Angelo, MSW, LCSW.
- Trauma Informed Care through the Lens of EMDR, Melissa Schwappach, MA, LPC, NCC
- Intro to IMAGO Relationship Therapy, Paul D. Bretz, D.Min, LCSW, MHSA
- Military Cultural Competency, Tiffany Morgan, CEO of Warrior Now https://warriornow.org/
- Intro to Working with “Addictions” & Intro to Motivational Interviewing (MI), Denise Killmer Magoto, MA, LPC, LAC, Ph.D. Candidate
Year 2 residents will have access to up to $1,000 to put towards additional training in obtaining advanced training, certification, and/or additional licensure, i.e. Licensed Addiction Counselor.
We require a minimum of 15 outpatient clinical hours per week. In addition, 1 hour of individual and 2-3 hours of group supervision is required per week.
No – this is not a position requiring crisis assistance. The clinical work in this residency is for hours of your choosing. You may set your own availability, creating your own flexible schedule. You can choose to work some weekend or evening hours or not.
Consultations and training will be a blend of in-person and virtual meetings. In-person meetings may be in various community office locations or school sites in the Denver area. Virtual meetings will occur via HIPAA-compliant Zoom video conference.
There are no fees for applying or being accepted to the Centus Post-Graduate Residency Program. However, the fees associated with the candidate’s application to the State of Colorado is the prospective resident’s responsibility, as obtaining candidacy status is a job position requirement.
Upon completing this program, we’d be delighted to consider you for a full-time Licensed Clinician position with Centus.